Constance K. Nelson
Constance K. Nelson has extensive experience representing individuals and businesses in litigation matters. She has tried numerous cases in the areas of white collar crime and personal injury, with specific experience in toxic torts and product liability matters. Constance is comfortable in a courtroom, having served as Chief Prosecutor of White Collar Crime in Northampton County for thirteen years prior to joining Gross McGinley.
Constance also counsels families facing legal matters outside of the courtroom including divorce and alimony negotiations, child custody and guardianship matters, grandparent rights, and prenuptial agreements. She assists families in estate matters as well, ensuring the wishes of individuals are carried out through wills, powers of attorney, and advanced medical directives.
Constance provides guidance in real estate matters, assisting individuals with property settlement agreements and handling landlord-tenant agreements and disputes.
As a former educator, Constance serves as a legal guide for her clients in order that they make educated decisions about their case from start to finish. She has excelled at applying her acquired skills to her litigation practice.
Areas of Practice
- U.S. District Court
- ↳Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- ↳Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., 2000
- Rutgers University New Brunswick, B.S., 1997
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Northampton County Bar Association
- Bar Association of Lehigh County
- LeTip of the Lehigh Valley
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Lehigh Valley, Board of Directors
- North Penn Legal Services, Board of Directors
- Turning Point of the Lehigh Valley, Volunteer
- Gross McGinley Serves As Local Counsel in Landmark Trade Secrets Trial
- Preparing a Will: Should I Use an Attorney or Do It Online?
- Constance Nelson Participates in 2017 Women to Women Mentoring Circle
- A Lesson Before Dying: A Lawyer’s Perspective
- 16 Factors Considered by the Court When Awarding Child Custody
- Tune in to WDIY 88.1FM to Hear Gross McGinley Attorneys Talk Divorce
- Served as local counsel to Dalmatia Import Group, Inc. in Dalmatia Import Group, Inc. v. FoodMatch Inc. et al., successfully securing a landmark jury verdict which should result in a judgment of $5.2 million as well as attorneys' fees and a permanent injunction. It is also the first verdict to be decided under the Defend Trade Secrets Act (2016).
Practice Spotlight: Matrimonial & Family Law
Our attorneys regularly counsel families on sophisticated family law and matrimonial law matters. Gross McGinley’s family law practice provides you with the support and guidance you need to make informed c… Read More
Industry Spotlight: Non-Profit
Nonprofit organizations frequently encounter unique situations given their tax-exempt status. Our attorneys have a thorough understanding of the unique legal matters that can arise within foundations, member… Read More