Jennifer L. Weed
Jennifer L. Weed, a member of the firm’s Litigation Group, practices complex commercial litigation in matters involving insurance defense, personal injury defense, medical malpractice defense, and product liability defense. She has represented pharmaceutical companies, hospitals and physicians, insurance companies, and automobile manufacturers. Jenny has filed amicus curiae briefs on behalf of the insurance industry and has argued several cases before appellate courts of significant public interest to that industry.
As a member of Gross McGinley’s Medical Malpractice Defense Group, Jenny works alongside the firm’s team of attorneys and para-professionals to provide thorough legal representation to our hospital, medical practice, and physician group clients.
Originally from the southwest, Jenny relocated to Pennsylvania in 2006. She worked for a Philadelphia law firm for six years before joining Gross McGinley. Jenny’s practice in New Mexico involved representing the only Trauma 1 hospital in the state (University of New Mexico) in medical malpractice cases. She also served as local counsel for Wyeth in diet drug (phen-fen) litigation and for Pfizer in Rezulin litigation.
In addition to her legal activities, Jenny is an active “soccer mom” involved in various fundraising and committee events surrounding her daughter’s sports. She enjoys aerobics and reading mysteries when she has time. In 2013, Jenny and her family received the Presidential Volunteerism Award, which is given to individuals and families in recognition of their significant contributions to their communities.
Areas of Practice
- New Mexico
- U.S. District Court
- ↳Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- ↳Middle District of Pennsylvania
- ↳Eastern District of Texas
- ↳Southern District of Texas
- ↳District of New Mexico
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- ↳Third Circuit
- ↳Fifth Circuit
- ↳Tenth Circuit
- Washington University School of Law, J.D., 1987
- Occidental College, B.A., cum laude, 1983
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, Big Sister
- EF Foundation (foreign exchange program)
- "A Defense View of EMTALA", The Legal Intelligencer's Medical Malpractice Special Report, April 2016
- “Business Torts Handbook: A Fifty State Guide”, Co-editor, Pennsylvania Chapter, 2009
Awards & Recognitions
- Presidential Volunteerism Award
- “Hovet v. Lujan and Allstate: Now What? The Dawning of Third-Part Unfair claims Practices in New Mexico,” New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association, 2003
- Sheridan v. NGK Metals Corp., 609 F.3d 239 (3d Cir. 2010)
- Anthony v. Small Tube manufacturing Corp., 580 F. Supp.2d 409 (E.D. Pa. 2008)
- La Liberte, LLC v. Keating Building Corp., 2007 WL 2108000 (E.D. Pa. 2007)