Stuart T. Shmookler
Stuart T. Shmookler focuses his practice in the related areas of business, real estate, wills, estate planning and administration. A third generation Allentownian who has been in practice for nearly forty years, Stuart has been able to refine the business intuition he first acquired through exposure to his grandfather’s business, which is still family-owned and operated today.
Clients find Stuart’s sensitivity to their personal concerns comforting as they make major life decisions.
Stuart’s commercial clients range from small start-ups to large companies in diverse areas such as manufacturing, distribution, construction, food, retail and real estate development and investment. He advises clients with entity choice and formation, transactions, contracts, business financing, buying and selling businesses, succession and business planning, liquor law, and collections. As a value-added service, Stuart visits new business clients without charge to learn as much as he can about their operations.
In his real estate practice Stuart represents individual and business clients who purchase residential, commercial, and investment properties. His services include drafting and review of leases, zoning, real estate financing, title problems, boundary disputes, title insurance, and easements.
Chairperson of the Wills, Trusts & Estates Group at Gross McGinley, Stuart helps families plan for the future with wills, powers of attorney, living wills, advanced health care directives, estate planning, trusts, elder law, guardianships and incapacities, and business succession planning. Clients find Stuart’s sensitivity to their personal concerns, as well as his knowledge of the law and years of experience, comforting as they make major life decisions.
Stuart is an experienced lecturer and regularly speaks to Lehigh Valley groups on retirement and estate planning topics. He is an annual presenter at the Pennsylvania State Education Association teacher’s union annual retirement planning meeting and has previously addressed employees of Lehigh County on the confidentiality of mental health records.
Alongside his law practice, Stuart takes an active role in the community where he has previously served as President of the Board of Directors for Valley Youth House and numerous other charitable and public organizations. He and his wife Susan have raised their children in the Lehigh Valley and worked together and with others to found a new synagogue that serves sixty families.
Areas of Practice
- U.S. District Court
- ↳Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- ↳Third Circuit
- Temple University School of Law, J.D., 1974
- Philadelphia University, B.S., 1969
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Bar Association of Lehigh County
- ↳Unauthorized Practice Committee, chairperson
- ↳Fee Dispute Committee
- Estate Planning Council of the Lehigh Valley
- Temple Shirat Shalom, Founding Member and former Board Member
- South Whitehall Township, Chairperson of the Public Safety Commission
- Cedar Crest College, Past Lecturer
- Congregation Kenneseth Israel former member Board of Trustees, former Executive Vice President
- Valley Youth House former member Board of Directors, former President
- Fall Seminar for Accountants: “Probate Gone Bad”
- Estate Planning in a Digital World
- Stuart Shmookler Presents on Estate Planning to PA State Education Association
- Attorney Stuart T. Shmookler Speaks at PSEA’s Annual Pre-Retirement Workshop
- Stuart Shmookler Supports JFLV Memorial Golf Tournament
- Stuart Shmookler Makes Annual Estate Planning Presentation to Local Teachers
- “Protect Your Clients from Costly Litigation”, Gross McGinley Wills, Trusts, and Estates Legal Update, 2013
- “Elder Law: For The Young And Older” Hakol, 2012
- "Probate Gone Bad", Gross McGinley Seminar for Accountants, October 2016
- "Do I Want to Be a Fiduciary? Risks vs. Rewards", Gross McGinley, October 2013
- “Wills and Estates” Pennsylvania State Education Association annual retirement planning seminar, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013
- “Confidentiality of Mental Health Records” Lehigh County, Department of Human Services, 2008, 2009, and 2010
Practice Spotlight: Wills, Trusts, & Estates
Gross McGinley’s Wills and Estates Group lawyers provide a mix of legal services to protect your family and help you plan for a secure future. Our attorneys are skilled and knowledgeable in designing custo… Read More
Industry Spotlight: Media & Publishing
As technologies continue to advance in the media and publishing industries, Gross McGinley guides companies through evolving laws, business practices, and regulatory requirements. Our attorneys are well-vers… Read More