Gross McGinley Recognized for its Wellness Program by LVBCH
The Lehigh Valley Coalition on Healthcare presented Leadership in Wellness Awards to Lehigh Valley businesses that exhibited best practices to improve the health of its employees. Gross McGinley was recognized for its wellness program – Wellness in Mind, Body & Spirit.
MIND, empower employees by providing education, in a number of different areas. A few examples:
- How to be good consumers when shopping for health care services.
- Provide guest speakers to educate on social issues, such as the opioid epidemic or sex trafficking
- Education on Medical Alertness – how to spot heart attacks, strokes
- Book reading initiatives
BODY, offer to employees various ways to engage in body betterment, with real measureable results. A few examples:
- Weight Watchers – eating healthy and portion control
- Team Stair Challenges
- Flu Shot Campaign
- Even a Tomato Growing Contest
SPIRIT, Gross McGinley employees are generous by nature and enjoy helping others. Being involved in numerous non-profit events, large and small, there is something for everyone.
Deb Faulkinberry, Managing Director, accepted the award on behalf of Gross McGinley. She credits diversified wellness events, empowerment of employees to be involved in their own health, and leadership with creative, thoughtful initiatives to get everyone involved.