Legal Administrative Assistant Position Available
We are hiring!
Legal Administrative Assistant Position Available – Full Time
Join us and be a part of a progressive, dynamic team of professionals! Gross McGinley’s Medical Malpractice Group is looking for an additional Administrative Assistant to support this growing team. The successful candidate must have a minimum of 3+ years’ experience working in a law firm. Experience in the area of medical malpractice is preferred. Qualified candidates must possess excellent technology and organizational skills. The desire to be an integral part of a team in a fast-paced environment is a must!
Knowledge, Responsibilities and Skills Needed:
- Establishes and maintains calendar and deadline reminder system utilizing Outlook.
- Maintains trial schedule and provides trial assistance including research, document presentation, e-filings, organization and scheduling of trial witnesses and experts.
- Prepares correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents.
- Proofreads all work and attorney’s work.
- Prepares vouchers for client costs; receives and processes checks for costs; provides billing information.
- Determines if files need to be opened; prepares all new client information sheets; requests and/or conducts conflict of interest checks; and coordinates and organizes files.
- Receives and greets clients and visitors; maintains good public relations with clients; observes confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
- Ability to maintain records and filing systems.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff.
- An understanding of law office policies, procedures and basic knowledge of medical terminology.
Gross McGinley is a full-service law firm serving the Lehigh Valley region and beyond. With 35 attorneys, the firm provides legal counsel to individuals as well as businesses across a wide range of industries. Gross McGinley’s attorneys, paralegals, and staff work as a team to provide the highest level of service to clients in an efficient and effective manner. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, the firm offers several programs for employees including training, community and volunteer initiatives, and wellness programs.
To apply, contact Debra Demyanovich, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.