Virtually every business has an online presence that provides great prospects and distinct challenges that can lead to significant and unexpected legal issues. Gross McGinley attorneys offer unique experience working with clients on internet law matters arising from website, social media, and e-commerce interactions. We keep our business clients informed and prepared on new legal decisions associated with online interactions and transactions, as well as Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and other regulatory requirements. Our attorneys assist clients in taking precautionary steps to prevent potential liabilities and to allow for the most effective use of their online assets.
We advise clients in a host of internet-related matters, including:
- Contracts and licensing online content
- Procuring and enforcing copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property
- Proper data collection and security policies
- Purchasing and registering domain names
- Developing and maintaining e-commerce capabilities
- Creation and development of mobile applications
- Maintaining privacy standards
- Social media interaction including sweepstakes/contests
- Software licensing
- Preparing and updating terms and conditions of use
- Drafting and negotiating website development agreements
- Co-branding agreements
Gross McGinley employs experienced business and litigation teams who provide efficient representation for clients involved in online transactions or facing challenges such as domain name disputes, online defamation claims, copyright infringement, cybersquatting charges, contract disputes, unfair and deceptive trade practices and more.