Adrian K. Cousens
Adrian K. Cousens serves as Chair of Gross McGinley’s Litigation Practice Group, leading an experienced group of attorneys versed in a broad spectrum of representation for individuals and companies ranging from contract and commercial disputes to professional liability claims.
Adrian provides litigation and trial representation before state and federal courts, including appellate courts, across New Jersey and Pennsylvania. He focuses his practice in casualty claims and defense of bodily injury matters, construction site accidents, multi-party construction defect cases, environmental/toxic tort claims, products liability claims, coverage litigation and complex general liability claims involving serious injury or death.
Adrian has worked with small and large businesses in a cross section of industries including logistics, construction, manufacturing, agriculture, hospitality, architecture and engineering, education, health services, security, and real estate. Adrian also practices law outside of the courtroom, collaborating with his colleagues in counseling clients on litigation prevention and contractual risk transfer.
Prior to joining Gross McGinley, Adrian worked as a litigator in a New Jersey firm, working complex cases involving catastrophic personal injury, construction accident and defect, toxic tort, premises liability, school law, police liability litigation, school and public board representation, public entity/employee liability, civil rights and employment law, and other general liability matters.
Before his legal career, Adrian worked in the semiconductor industry and was a Sergeant in the United States Air Force, working in the industrial hygiene field.
Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- ↳Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court
- ↳District of New Jersey
- Rutgers School of Law, J.D., 1999
- Rutgers University, B.A., 1993
- United States Airforce (1986-1990)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Northampton County Bar Association
- Forks Township Zoning Hearing Board, member
- Forks Business Association, Board Member
- Community Bike Works, Board of Directors, Weekly Volunteer
- Northampton County Bar Association Book Buddies
- How Can the Construction Industry Safely Return to Work after COVID-19?
- Gross McGinley Names New Partner Adrian Cousens
- Adrian Cousens Appointed to Community Bike Works Board of Directors
- Gross McGinley’s Litigation Group Presents to Northampton County Bar Association
- Third Circuit Upholds Asbestos Exclusion in Insurance Policy
- Adrian Cousens Joins Forks Business Association Board of Directors
- Successfully defended wrongful death and survival action that included claims based on Pennsylvania's Social Host Theory, negligence, carelessness and recklessness. Summary judgment was granted based on the Recreation Use of Land and Water Act.
Practice Spotlight: Litigation
Gross McGinley’s skilled litigation team vigorously pursues clients’ interests, either by asserting claims or defending them. Our litigation attorneys represent individuals and businesses in state and fe… Read More
Industry Spotlight: Non-Profit
Nonprofit organizations frequently encounter unique situations given their tax-exempt status. Our attorneys have a thorough understanding of the unique legal matters that can arise within foundations, member… Read More