Adrian K. Cousens
Adrian K. Cousens is an experienced litigator who represents individuals and companies in all phases of litigation before state and federal courts, as well as administrative agencies at the trial and appellate level, in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. His practice focuses on commercial litigation, employment litigation, and personal injury. Adrian has worked with small and large businesses in a cross-section of industries including logistics, construction, manufacturing, agriculture, hospitality, architecture and engineering, education, health services, security and real estate. Adrian also practices outside of the courtroom, partnering with his colleagues in counseling clients on litigation prevention.
Prior to joining Gross McGinley, Adrian worked as a litigator in a New Jersey firm, working complex cases involving catastrophic personal injury, construction accident and defect, toxic tort, premises liability, school law, police liability litigation, school and public board representation, public entity/employee liability, civil rights and employment law, and other general liability matters.
Specific examples of his experience include:
- Successful resolution of wrongful death suits involving claims against corporations in the road construction and building trades
- Litigating and negotiating settlement for complex construction defect claims in multiple-unit residential and commercial properties
- Handling of a complete range of personal injury claims from chronic soft tissue damage in slip and fall and motor vehicle cases to traumatic brain injury and paralysis in industrial accidents
Before his legal career, Adrian worked in the semiconductor industry and was a Sergeant in the United States Air Force, working in the industrial hygiene field.
Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- ↳Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court
- ↳District of New Jersey
- Rutgers School of Law, J.D., 1999
- Rutgers University, B.A., 1993
- United States Airforce (1986-1990)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Northampton County Bar Association
- 2018 Forks Township Zoning Hearing Board, member
- Forks Business Association, Board Member
- Community Bike Works, Board of Directors, Weekly Volunteer
- Northampton County Bar Association Book Buddies
- Adrian Cousens Appointed to Community Bike Works Board of Directors
- Gross McGinley’s Litigation Group Presents to Northampton County Bar Association
- Third Circuit Upholds Asbestos Exclusion in Insurance Policy
- Adrian Cousens Joins Forks Business Association Board of Directors
- Gross McGinley Welcomes Experienced Litigation Attorney
- Successfully defended wrongful death and survival action that included claims based on Pennsylvania's Social Host Theory, negligence, carelessness and recklessness. Summary judgment was granted based on the Recreation Use of Land and Water Act.
Practice Spotlight: Tax Law
Gross McGinley’s Tax Law Group provides counsel to the firm’s clients through various federal, state and local taxation matters. We work closely with our clients to review their tax planning objectives a… Read More
Industry Spotlight: Health Care
Health care is one of the fastest growing industries across the country. Health care providers and professionals are experiencing exponential growth in their businesses. This rapid growth can lead to possibl… Read More