Constance K. Nelson
Constance K. Nelson has extensive experience representing individuals and businesses in litigation matters. She has tried numerous cases in the areas of white-collar crime and personal injury, with specific experience in toxic torts and product liability matters. Constance is comfortable in a courtroom, having served as Chief Prosecutor of White Collar Crime in Northampton County for thirteen years prior to joining Gross McGinley.
Constance also counsels families facing legal matters outside of the courtroom including divorce and alimony negotiations, child custody and guardianship matters, grandparent rights, and prenuptial agreements. She assists families in estate matters as well, ensuring the wishes of individuals are carried out through wills, powers of attorney, and advanced medical directives.
Constance provides guidance in real estate matters, assisting individuals with property settlement agreements and handling landlord-tenant agreements and disputes.
As a former educator, Constance serves as a legal guide for her clients in order that they make educated decisions about their case from start to finish. She has excelled at applying her acquired skills to her litigation practice.
In 2018, Constance was named the 2018 African American Business Leaders Award recipient by the African American Business Leaders Council. Constance was recognized for her significant contribution to the community and business world.
Areas of Practice
- infoCriminal Defense
- infoDivorce and Family Law
- infoLocal Counsel
- infoWills, Trusts, & Estates
- U.S. District Court
- ↳Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- ↳Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., 2000
- Rutgers University New Brunswick, B.S., 1997
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Northampton County Bar Association
- Northampton County Master in Divorce
- Bar Association of Lehigh County, Board of Directors
- LeTip of the Lehigh Valley, Board of Directors
- North Penn Legal Services, President, Board of Directors
- Third Street Alliance for Women and Families, Board of Directors
- Protection from Domestic Violence
- Pennsylvania Surrogacy Law
- How to Apply for a PFA During a Coronavirus Stay at Home Order
- UPDATED: How to Finalize Estate Planning Documents During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- 2019 Elder Law Month Community Education Series
- Constance Nelson Named Divorce Master
Awards & Recognitions
- 2018 African American Business Leader’s Award
- "Reunification & Co-Parenting Counseling", Progressions Behavioral Health, December 2018
- "Reunification & Co-Parenting Counseling: What Can Happen In Court?", Gross McGinley and LVPCA, October 2018
- "The Roles of Mental Health Professionals in Family Law Matters", Gross McGinley and LVPCA, October 2017
- "Tax Returns and Divorce", Gross McGinley, November 2017
- "Accounting for Divorce", Gross McGinley, October 2016
- Served as local counsel to Dalmatia Import Group, Inc. in Dalmatia Import Group, Inc. v. FoodMatch Inc. et al., successfully securing a landmark jury verdict which should result in a judgment of $5.2 million as well as attorneys' fees and a permanent injunction. It is also the first verdict to be decided under the Defend Trade Secrets Act (2016).
Practice Spotlight: Local Counsel
Firms and attorneys in the Philadelphia region, throughout Pennsylvania, and across the country, have called upon the Gross McGinley litigation team’s extensive experience and knowledge of the county, stat… Read More
Industry Spotlight: Municipal
Gross McGinley offers a full range of legal services to local municipalities. Our attorneys represent Lehigh Valley local governments, planning boards, zoning boards, cities, and counties in real estate, lan… Read More