Nicholas Sandercock is a Litigation Associate, assisting the firm’s medical malpractice defense and commercial litigation clients. He enjoys the investigative nature of cases, especially those involving extensive medical record review. Nick is known for his ability to find the needle in the haystack and is able to develop defense strategies based on facts that others may miss. His knowledge and perseverance make him a valuable asset to Gross McGinley’s litigation team.
Growing up with parents in the medical field exposed Nick to the realities of medical malpractice at an early age. He realized the need for good lawyers to defend doctors doing good work, so they can continue to help people. Nick conveys this passion when representing the firm’s hospital, physician practice, and nursing home clients.
After planning his wedding in Lehigh County, Nick realized the potential costly risks couples take when signing multiple vendor contracts without an attorney’s review. Since then, he has worked with individuals and wedding industry professionals to ensure they understand the contracts they are signing and any obligations and risks they may be assuming. Nick also counsels couples who feel a vendor or venue may not have fulfilled their obligations, or is attempting to keep deposits/fees to which they are not entitled.
Prior to joining Gross McGinley, Nick worked for a large Philadelphia law firm, assisting in premises liability, products liability, professional liability, general liability matters. He also served as a summer intern for Gross McGinley’s medical malpractice defense team prior to graduating law school.
Nick’s professional experience, prior to law school, in the restaurant business as both an operator and high-level manager of training gives him a unique perspective when representing business clients in commercial litigation matters.
Areas of Practice
- Temple University, Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2017
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2014
- Lehigh County Community College, A.D., 2012
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Bar Association of Lehigh County
- LifePath Foundation Board of Directors
- The Gress Mountain Ranch, Volunteer
- Nicholas Sandercock Named to Civic Theatre Board of Directors
- What Does “Going Green” Mean for My Wedding Contract?
- Can I Cancel My Contract Because of the Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- LifePath Foundation Board Appoints Nicholas Sandercock
- Pennsylvania Wedding Law
- New Litigation Associate Joins Gross McGinley
- Quoted, "Wedding Canceled or Postponed? Here's How to Get a Refund", The New York Times, August 2020
- Quoted, "Trimmed guests lists, lost deposits and the struggle of Lehigh Valley wedding planning during a pandemic", The Express Times, lehighvalleylive.com, August 2020
- "Can I cancel my contract because of coronavirus?", Lehigh Valley Business, March 2020
- "The Increasingly Complex Landscape of EHR and Medical Malpractice Litigation", The Legal Intelligencer, April 2019
- "The (I) Dos and Do Not’s of Pennsylvania Wedding Law", Network Magazine, April 2019
Practice Spotlight: Divorce and Family Law
Our attorneys regularly counsel families on sophisticated divorce and family law matters. Gross McGinley’s family law practice provides you with the support and guidance you need to make informed choices a… Read More
Industry Spotlight: Health Care
Health care is one of the fastest growing industries across the country. Health care providers and professionals are experiencing exponential growth in their businesses. This rapid growth can lead to possibl… Read More