R. Nicholas Nanovic
R. Nicholas Nanovic has over ten years of experience advising individuals and business owners on their estate planning and tax needs. He partners with his clients, designing comprehensive and customized estate plans as well as navigating complex tax matters. Nick strives to understand the goals of his clients, utilizing various types of trusts to ensure assets are protected for future generations.
A certified Accredited Estate Planner® designee by the National Association of Estate Planners and Councils, Nick guides Executors through the estate administration process, providing counsel in simple estates as well as more complex estates involving large debts, unpaid taxes, hard-to-sell assets, and difficult beneficiaries. As the Chair of Gross McGinley’s Wills, Trusts, and Estates Group, he leads a team of attorneys, paralegals, and staff in improving quality and efficiencies with regard to estate planning and administration services.
Nick also assists individuals and businesses in sophisticated tax matters including personal income tax, business tax, gift and estate tax, and negotiating liabilities with the IRS and Pennsylvania Department of Revenue. He submits Offers in Compromise to the IRS on behalf of his clients in an effort to settle their tax debts for less than the total amount owed.
Passionate about the importance of estate planning for all individuals, Nick is a long-time volunteer with the “Wills for Heroes” program that provides free basic estate planning documents to first responders and military veterans in Pennsylvania. He currently serves as the Coordinator for Lehigh and Northampton Counties.
For the past five years, Nick has been listed by Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars in their annual publication, a distinction awarded to less than 2.5% of attorneys across the state.
Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court
- ↳Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- University of Miami School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 2008
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 2007
- University of Notre Dame, B.B.A., 2004
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Bar Association of Lehigh County
- Northampton County Bar Association
- Carbon County Bar Association
- Wills for Heroes, Volunteer and Coordinator for Lehigh and Northampton Counties
- Estate Planning Council of the Lehigh Valley, Former President and Board Member
- Personal Representative Fees Calculation
- Demystifying Pennsylvania Inheritance Tax
- 2019 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Names Gross McGinley Attorneys
- Nicholas Nanovic to Head Estate Planning and Tax Group
- "Why You Need an Estate Plan," Times News Carbon County Legal Guide, April 2010
Awards & Recognitions
- 2015-2019 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- 2013 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- "Demystifying Pennsylvania Inheritance Tax," CE Seminar for CPAs and CFPs June 2019
- "The Probate Process From Start to Finish," National Business Institute, August 2018
- "New Changes to the Tax Law - What Lawyers Need to Know," Carbon County Bar Association Bench Bar Conference, April 2018
- "IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program and the Offer in Compromise," November 2015
- "Cocktails and Case Studies: Succession Planning," October 2015
- "Pennsylvania's New Power of Attorney and Common Estate Planning Pitfalls," April 2015
Practice Spotlight: Internet Law
Virtually every business has an online presence that provides great prospects and distinct challenges that can lead to significant and unexpected legal issues. Gross McGinley attorneys offer unique experienc… Read More
Industry Spotlight: Media and Publishing
As technologies continue to advance in the media and publishing industries, Gross McGinley guides companies through evolving laws, business practices, and regulatory requirements. Our attorneys are well-vers… Read More