Gross McGinley’s Tax Law Group provides counsel to the firm’s clients through various federal, state and local taxation matters. We work closely with our clients to review their tax planning objectives and help our clients achieve those objectives. Our tax attorneys provide support to our other practice groups across the firm, providing an important perspective in sophisticated business deals, corporate transactions, real estate transactions and tax assessment appeals, and estate planning.
We work proactively in an effort to reduce tax burdens and tax liabilities for our clients. Our tax attorneys frequently work alongside clients’ accountants and financial planners to provide a streamlined approach to tax planning and reduce future risks. Our experience spans multiple industries including, but not limited to, retail, commercial real estate, health care, technology, and professional services.
Our Tax Group regularly advises clients in the following areas:
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Partnership, LLC and corporate taxation
- Business entity formation
- Structuring of commercial and/or real estate transactions
- Buy-sell agreements
- Real estate transactions
- Deferred compensation plans
- Asset/Equity ownership or stock acquisitions
- Personal income tax planning
- Business succession tax planning
- Tax appeals
- Property tax assessment appeals
- Property tax exemptions
- State sales and use tax exemptions
- Wealth transfers during lifetime or at death
- Estate, gift and generation-skipping tax planning
- Establishment of non-profit organizations/foundations
- Obtaining and maintaining 501(c)(3) status
- Nonprofit federal and state tax exemptions
When facing an IRS audit, it is important to seek out legal counsel to represent your interests and understand your rights. Our attorneys can help you organize required documentation, discuss and prepare for auditors’ questions, resolve audit issues, and represent you at audit hearings and in court.