Paul A. McGinley
Paul McGinley, one of the founding partners of Gross McGinley, practices business and commercial law. He counsels clients in publishing, Internet, business, commercial real estate acquisition and development, and intellectual property matters. Paul has extensive experience in Publishing and Internet Law, having represented book, magazine, and online publishers and authors in their ongoing media activities. He also represents clients in the acquisition and sale of domain names, Internet properties, trademarks, copyrights, books, magazines, and publishing businesses. Paul provides counseling and regulatory compliance advice with respect to advertising and promotional policies, intellectual property licensing, privacy, internet and online matters, defamation and invasion of privacy, sweepstakes and context, and international licensing.
Paul has extensive experience in Publishing and Internet Law, having represented book, magazine, and online publishers as well as authors.
Paul serves as Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Chief Administrative Officer of Rodale Inc., the authoritative source for trusted content and health, fitness and wellness around the world. Rodale publishes some of the best known health and wellness lifestyle magazines in the world, including Men’s Health, Prevention, Women’s Health, Runner’s World, Bicycling, Running Times and Organic Gardening.
Paul also advises in the publication of highly acclaimed books on health, fitness, cooking, gardening, nature of the environment and more, including Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth, as well as numerous other trade books and subscription online properties. As general counsel, Paul provides legal counsel to all of the Company’s groups, as well as representation and advice to all product lines.
Paul also provides services to businesses and individuals of varied nature, including residential and commercial real estate, estate planning and administration, litigation, business and commercial law and business succession planning and other personal business legal matters. He was included in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2010 editions.
Areas of Practice
- U.S. District Court
- ↳Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- ↳Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 1974
- Princeton University, B.A., 1970
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Bar Association of Lehigh County, Past President
- Magazine Publishers of America, Legal Affairs Committee
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, former Chairman of Hearing Committee of the Disciplinary Board
- The Rodale Institute, Board of Directors Co-Chairman
- Lehigh County Country Club, Solicitor
- Swain School, Board of Directors Past President
- Princeton Quadrangle Club, Board of Directors former Member
- Allentown YWCA, former Trustee
- WDIY Public Radio, Former Director
- Velodrome Fund, Former Director & Counsel
- Gross McGinley Receives Milestone Award for Forty Years in Practice
- FTC Cracks Down on Inadequate Disclosures in Advertisements with Recent Warning Letters
- Gross McGinley Supports 2014 Organic Pioneer Awards Presented by Rodale Institute
- Including a “Change of Control” Clause in Business Contracts
- Gross McGinley Expands Intellectual Property Services with Patent Law
- Gross McGinley Supports Rodale Institute and Organic Pioneer Awards
Awards & Recognitions
- 2010 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- 2006 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- 2005 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- 2004 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- “Legal Issues in Advertising”, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, April 2011, co-presenter
- Private Client Presentations