Kellie L. Rahl-Heffner
Kellie L. Rahl-Heffner is an experienced family law attorney, guiding individuals through sensitive legal matters including divorce, child custody and guardianship, child support and alimony claims, protections from abuse (PFAs), and adoptions. She also assists her clients in designing pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements that best preserve family assets.
Kellie is well-versed in the Lehigh and Northampton County family court systems, representing individuals in family law disputes. As an experienced arbitrator and mediator, Kellie also counsels families in matters that can best be resolved outside of the courtroom.
She also represents individuals and property owners in landlord-tenant matters including lease disputes, eviction filings, and property maintenance.
Kellie also supports the firm’s Litigation Group. Prior to joining Gross McGinley, Kellie worked for over 11 years as an attorney with North Penn Legal Services, providing legal advice and representation to low-income clients in family law, unemployment, landlord/tenant, and other legal matters.
Areas of Practice
- U.S. District Court
- ↳Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- ↳Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 2005
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S., 2002
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Bar Association of Lehigh County
- Lehigh County Arbitrator
- Allentown Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- Pinebrook Family Answers, Board Secretary
- Habitat for Humanity of the Lehigh Valley
- Lehigh Valley Center for Independent Living, Development Committee
- LCCC Paralegal Advisory Committee
- Do I Need to Follow my Custody Order During the Coronavirus Outbreak?
- Kellie Rahl-Heffner Nominated Board Secretary, Pinebrook Family Answers
- Third Circuit Takes Hard Swing at Interchange Prohibition
- Habitat for Humanity Appoints Kellie Rahl-Heffner to Board
- Legal Considerations for Blended Families
- Child Protective Services Law Update
- "How to Keep Your Family Safe and Healthy While Following a Custody Order", Divorce Magazine, April 2020
- Quoted "Coronavirus complicating custody disputes, other legal issues, Lehigh Valley attorneys say", Lehighvalleylive.com, March 27, 2020
- "Enforceability of Prenuptial Agreements", Network Magazine, Summer 2018
- "Reunification & Co-Parenting Counseling", Progressions Behavioral Health, December 2018
- "Reunification & Co-Parenting Counseling: What Can Happen In Court?", Gross McGinley and LVPCA, October 2018
- "The Roles of Mental Health Professionals in Family Law Matters", Gross McGinley and LVPCA, October 2017
- "Tax Returns and Divorce", Gross McGinley, November 2017
Practice Spotlight: Medical Malpractice Defense
Gross McGinley’s Medical Malpractice Defense Group represents health care providers in patient care matters. Our team of experienced attorneys, devoted paralegals, and numerous support staff review all rel… Read More
Industry Spotlight: Non-Profit
Nonprofit organizations frequently encounter unique situations given their tax-exempt status. Our attorneys have a thorough understanding of the unique legal matters that can arise within foundations, member… Read More