Loren L. Speziale
Loren L. Speziale has a passion for helping clients build successful businesses. A true partner to her clients, Loren is dedicated to helping business owners reach their goals by managing risk, streamlining relationships and processes, and using a proactive, collaborative approach in addressing their business needs. Recognized for her strong leadership and business mind, Loren was appointed to Deputy Managing Partner of Gross McGinley in 2018 and elevated to Equity Partner in 2019.
Understanding her clients’ businesses is a key component to Loren’s approach to providing trusted legal counsel. She has been recognized for being reasonable, diligent, and vigorous in her representation of her clients. Like most business owners, Loren is driven, focused, and goal-oriented. She takes pride in hearing of her clients’ successes and celebrates their victories as if they are her own. Loren is likewise steadfast in assisting her clients in working through conflict resolution and finding alternatives to costly disputes.
Small to mid-sized businesses turn to Loren as a trusted legal advisor for all corporate matters including:
- Managing and overseeing employee and executive relationships and other employee-related matters, including contracts, policies and procedures, and local, state and federal investigations.
- Advising business owners in disputes with co-owners.
- Guidance in succession planning matters including the sale of business assets or ownership interests.
- Commercial and residential real estate transactions including purchase and lease agreements and title disputes.
- Preparation of financing documentation for local, regional and national banking institutions.
- Counseling businesses and area industrial development authorities in local and state economic development matters.
An avid runner and equestrian, Loren is a strong believer in a healthy balance, both in business and in life. Outside of the office, Loren is a passionate leader in the community. She holds several esteemed board positions and donates her time and energy to the causes that inspire her.
Loren was nominated as one of Lehigh Valley Business’s 2018 Women of Influence, an award recognizing local women leaders who are successful in their professional careers and who make a significant positive impact in the community. In 2017, she was recognized by Lehigh Valley Magazine as a “Local Legal Leader” and was selected for Lehigh Valley Style’s “Lehigh Valley Select Lawyers” issue. In 2014, Lehigh Valley Business also recognized Loren on their list of “Forty Under 40.” After receiving this recognition, Loren was asked to serve as a judge for 2015.
With deep roots in Northeast Pennsylvania and New Jersey legal and business communities, Loren is a speaker on various topics impacting businesses. She is a former member of the District XA Attorney Ethics Committee, which she was appointed to by the New Jersey Supreme Court. Loren was selected for inclusion in the 2013, 2014, and 2015 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, a distinction reserved for no more than 2.5% of young attorneys in Pennsylvania. In 2010 and 2011, Loren was recognized by New Jersey Super Lawyers on their Rising Stars list as well. Loren maintains an AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®.
Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court
- ↳Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- ↳Middle District of Pennsylvania
- ↳District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- ↳Third Circuit
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2002
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S., 1997
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Bar Association of Lehigh County
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Northampton County Bar Association
- Donald E. Wieand Barristers Inn
- Women’s Resources of Monroe County, President of Board of Directors, Gala Committee and 5K Committee Member
- Rodale Institute, Board of Directors
- LVEDC Economic Policy Committee, Member
- Public Policy Committee (GLVCC), Member
- Small Business Council (GLVCC), Board Member
- Easton Area Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- City of Bethlehem Human Relations Commission, Chairperson
- Marijuana Law – Why We Can’t Clear the Air
- The Final Overtime Rule – How It Will Affect Your Business
- Loren Speziale Named Equity Partner
- Monroe County Conducts Property Reassessment
- Rodale Institute Appoints Loren Speziale to Board
- Human Resources 2019 Watch List
- Quoted: "Alt-left or alt-right, your boss has the full right to fire protesters", Lehigh Valley Business, August 2017
- Quoted: "Lehigh Valley Business Community Warms to Trump Order to Cut Regulations", Morning Call, January 2017
- Quoted: "New Rule Could Lead Advisers to Dump Small Investors", Lehigh Valley Business, January 2017
- "Be Wary of Unpaid Rest Breaks for Nonexempt Employees", Lehigh Valley Business, April 2016
- "Changes to Pennsylvania Rules of Civil Procedure Regarding Sheriff’s Sales", Gross McGinley Banking Law Update, May 2014
- "Modifications to Contracts by Electronic Communications: The Consequences of Hitting 'Send'," Gross McGinley Business Law Update, December 2013
- "Do Your Policies Reflect the New 2013 FMLA Changes?," Gross McGinley Employment Law Update, June 2013
- "New Jersey Becomes More Business Friendly: Amendments to NJ Corporate Laws," Gross McGinley Business Law Update, May 2013
Awards & Recognitions
- 2018 Women of Influence, Lehigh Valley Business
- 2017 Lehigh Valley Select Lawyers, Lehigh Valley Style Magazine
- 2017 Local Legal Leaders, Lehigh Valley Magazine
- 2015 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- 2014 Lehigh Valley Business Forty Under 40
- 2014 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- 2013 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- "Privacy Rights in the Workplace", Bux-Mont Human Resources Association, March 2019
- “None of Your Business: Privacy Rights in the Workplace”, SHRMLV October Conference, 2018
- "The Changing Face of Manufacturing: Protecting Your Business as the Workforce Evolves", Manufacturers Resource Center Lunch and Learn, September 2018
- "Current Trends and Future Possibilities Under the Fair Labor Standards Act", SHRMLV Conference, 2017
- "Current Trends Under the Fair Labor Standards Act", Bar Association of Lehigh County CLE, 2017
- "Drafting and Litigating Restrictive Covenants in the Lehigh Valley", Society for Human Resource Managers Lehigh Valley Annual Conference, October 2016
- “Continuing Your Business and Planning for the Future”, Pennsylvania Dental Association Insurance Services, September 2016
- "Key Employee Retention", Lehigh Valley business owners, July 2016
- "Drafting and Litigating Restrictive Covenants in the Lehigh Valley", Bar Association of Lehigh County CLE, June 2016
- "Pennsylvania Rules of Professional Conduct Update", Minnesota Mutual Lawyers, April 2016
Practice Spotlight: Business Law
Gross McGinley’s Business Law attorneys provide legal solutions to businesses of all sizes in and around the Lehigh Valley and throughout the United States. Supported by an experienced professional staff… Read More
Industry Spotlight: Banking
Financial institutions turn to our group of attorneys who offer experience in all areas of banking law. Our clients include community, regional, and national banking associa… Read More