Thomas E. Reilly, Jr.
Thomas E. Reilly, Jr. is a senior partner at Gross McGinley. He is the Chair of the firm’s Business Services Group, Associates Committee, and Technology Committee. He also serves as a permanent member of the firm’s Management Committee. Tom focuses his practice in the areas of business, banking, and commercial law. His strong background in accounting, business management, and communications affords him the opportunity to work with a range of business clients throughout the United States, from small entrepreneurial companies to large, multinational corporations.
Tom has represented the majority of his clients for more than 20 years.
The cornerstone of Tom’s practice is built on the long-term representation of clients in the most efficient, effective, diligent and cost-effective manner. He has represented the majority of his clients for more than 30 years.
Tom serves as General Counsel for Viamedia, the largest non-MSO affiliated video ad sales organization in the United States. He also represents banks and financial institutions in loan transactions, real estate deals, workouts, foreclosures, and bankruptcies.
Tom has extensive experience with all types of business structures including partnerships, limited liability companies, and joint ventures. He regularly represents clients in business formation, governance, and disputes as well as employment issues and internal and external contract matters. He has prepared agreements affecting mergers or consolidations of business entities all while handling the usual business transactions that arise over the normal course of business. Tom is also well-versed in mergers and acquisitions, contested and uncontested corporate dissolutions, and other fights for corporate control. He advises public and private companies on matters of corporate financing including public offerings, equity financing, and other financial vehicles.
Small and family-owned businesses turn to Tom for legal counsel on a variety of matters concerning real estate, management structure, drafting and negotiating contracts and legacy planning. He also works with individuals and families in the areas of residential real estate, wills, trusts, estate planning and administration, and other personal legal matters.
Tom has planned and delivered seminars for the Pennsylvania Bar Association and the National Business Institute.
In addition to his legal practice, Tom is involved in various business activities and has a lifelong passion for automobiles and music. Tom has devoted the last 30 years of his life to a quest to become a mediocre guitarist.
Areas of Practice
- U.S. District Court
- ↳Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- ↳Middle District of Pennsylvania
- ↳Western District of Pennsylvania
- Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 1984
- Bloomsburg University, B.S. Accounting, 1981
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Bar Association of Lehigh County
- Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Board Member
- Center for Vision Loss Foundation, Board Member
- Camelot for Children, Board Member
- Pennsylvania State University, Former Adjunct Professor of Business and Banking Law
- Northampton Community College, Former Adjunct Professor of Business and Banking Law
- Lehigh Valley Coalition for Kids, Former Board Member
- Lehigh County Law Explorer, Past Advisor
- PA Governor Vetoes Bill to Relax Bar & Restaurant Restrictions
- Is Self-Certification Right for Your Bar or Restaurant?
- Update to PA Restrictions on Bars and Restaurants: Expand Capacity to 50%, Stop Serving by 11:00
- PA Restaurant Capacity Limits Increase, but Alcohol Sales Must Close by 10 P.M.
- Updated PA Restaurant and Bar Service Guidelines – July 15, 2020
- Going Green: How Bars and Restaurants Pass Go in Accordance with the Rules
- "New Pa. law infuses broad changes for business entities", Lehigh Valley Business, May 2017
- "Pennsylvania Uniform Commercial Code Updates – Part III", Gross McGinley Banking Law Update, June 2014
- "Pennsylvania Uniform Commercial Code Updates – Part II", Gross McGinley Banking Law Update, May 2014
- "Pennsylvania Uniform Commercial Code Updates – Part I", Gross McGinley Banking Law Update, August 2013
- Interview: "Gross McGinley’s Sweet Spot: Building Relationships", Lehigh Valley Business, May 2013
Awards & Recognitions
- 2017 Lehigh Valley Select Lawyers, Lehigh Valley Style Magazine
- 2017 Local Legal Leaders, Lehigh Valley Magazine
Practice Spotlight: Business Law
Gross McGinley’s Business Law attorneys provide legal solutions to businesses of all sizes in and around the Lehigh Valley and throughout the United States. Supported by an experienced professional staff… Read More
Industry Spotlight: Non-Profit
Nonprofit organizations frequently encounter unique situations given their tax-exempt status. Our attorneys have a thorough understanding of the unique legal matters that can arise within foundations, member… Read More