Gross McGinley offers commercial and residential real estate legal services to individuals and businesses. Our experienced group of real estate attorneys and licensed title agents handle transactions of all types and of varying levels of complexity. Our real estate attorneys are backed by a team of legal professionals, allowing our firm to handle complex commercial matters and provide proper due diligence in a cost-effective manner.
Commercial Real Estate
Our real estate attorneys counsel commercial and industrial real estate owners, investors, developers, and lenders with the legal components of purchases and sales of single and multiple property portfolios, leases, options and exchanges, financing, and title insurance. We also assist with industrial purchases and commercial land development. Whether looking to build or refurbish, our attorneys regularly counsel clients on land use, zoning, and ground lease matters and can advise on more sophisticated matters like deferred tax exchanges. Our clients also look to us for when faced with property workouts, real estate disputes, and condemnations.
Gross McGinley attorneys can assist in commercial real estate transactions for:
- Apartments, condominiums, and multi-family complexes
- Retail centers (urban and neighborhood)
- Mixed-use developments
- Office buildings and industrial parks
- Warehouses and distribution centers
- Hotels and restaurants
- Land development
- Sporting facilities and golf courses
- Casinos and resorts
- Hospitals and medical centers
Representative commercial real estate matters include:
- Closed and issued title insurance for a 2.4 million dollar refinance of a commercial office building.
- Represented buyers in the acquisition of a medical office building in Easton.
- Negotiated the multi-million dollar refinancing of a golf course.
- Closed and issued title insurance for a million dollar office building purchase in Bucks County.
- Represented a software company in the purchase of a 25,000 square foot historic building on in Emmaus for commercial office space.
- Represented the Lehigh County Historical Society in the sale of the George Taylor Mansion to the Borough of Catasauqua.
Land Use & Zoning
As a part of a full-service law firm, our real estate attorneys work hand-in-hand with tax, municipal, and litigation groups to properly represent clients in all facets of their real estate dealings. Our attorneys have appeared before numerous municipalities to obtain land development, zoning, and subdivision approvals. We also coordinate with local industrial development organizations on community development and redevelopment projects.
Representative zoning matters include:
- Successfully gained unanimous approval from the City of Allentown Zoning Hearing Board for the Hispanic American Organization’s proposal to offer Drug and Alcohol counseling services at their location in Allentown.
- Represented an owner with the rezoning of an Allentown property to allow for the first Cottage Community Housing Project in the Eastern United States.
- Assisted with the subdivision of a multi-tenant, multi-use commercial property in Luzerne County.
- Obtained zoning relief in the form of a special exception for a local non-profit who is purchased a former church campus with plans of converting it into a community center.
- Obtained zoning approval for a unique curved digital billboard to be installed on one of the new signature buildings recently constructed in Downtown Allentown at the corner of 7th and Hamilton Streets.
Residential Real Estate
When making one of your biggest personal investments, Gross McGinley attorneys can advise and guide you as well as facilitate the process. Most importantly, our real estate attorneys can help prevent long-term negative consequences of buying residential property. Our attorneys represent residential sellers and buyers in closings, title issues, owner financing, short sales, Homeowners Association representation, foreclosures, evictions, and loan modifications.