Jason A. Ulrich
Jason A. Ulrich partners with municipalities and businesses to provide legal counsel in the areas of land use, zoning, real estate, and construction matters. He has served in the capacity of Solicitor to several municipal entities throughout Pennsylvania including cities, townships, boroughs, planning commissions, zoning boards, and more.
Jason understands the unique challenges his clients face and strives to provide practical and creative solutions to meet their needs.
Jason is well-versed in complex residential and commercial real estate work, from ground leasing and property assessments to landlord tenant leasing and evictions. He also possesses a deep well of knowledge concerning construction and building law, counseling municipalities, businesses, and developers on contracts, risk assessment and avoidance, licensing, insurance coverage, property damage claims, and more.
Jason understands the unique challenges his clients face and strives to provide practical and creative solutions to meet their needs. In addition to municipalities, Jason represents businesses across a multitude of industries including retail, healthcare, banking, and more in real estate, business, and construction matters.
Examples of Jason’s experience include:
- Successfully represented a landowner in a dispute regarding a veterinary clinic in a residential area, gaining approval upon appeal.
- Represented several shopping centers, negotiating leases with several different anchor tenants.
- Assisted restaurant and bar and restaurant owners in obtaining and transferring liquor licenses from the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board.
- Represented Residential Mortgage Lenders in the Foreclosure Process throughout almost all counties in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Appeared before Assessment Boards to represent individuals and entities in assessment appeals.
Areas of Practice
- U.S. District Court
- ↳Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- ↳Middle District of Pennsylvania
- ↳Western District of Pennsylvania
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 2003
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- West Reading Zoning Hearing Board
- Reading NAACP, Legal Redress Chair
- Berks County Court of Common Pleas, Certified Arbitrator
- Borough of West Reading, Elected Tax Collector
- Berks County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Past President
- Mohnton-Cumru Lions Club, President
- Chandler Lodge 227, Pennsylvania Freemasons, Board Member and Junior Master of Ceremonies
Practice Spotlight: Intellectual Property
Businesses facing today’s challenges of development and protection of intellectual property require experienced legal counsel to guide them. Gross McGinley’s Intellectual Property Group offers the most c… Read More
Industry Spotlight: Media and Publishing
As technologies continue to advance in the media and publishing industries, Gross McGinley guides companies through evolving laws, business practices, and regulatory requirements. Our attorneys are well-vers… Read More