John F. “Jack” Gross
John F. Gross (Jack Gross), Managing Partner of Gross McGinley, counsels businesses of all sizes on general corporate matters, real estate, intellectual property, and advertising matters. He has experience in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, doctors and medical practices, media and publishing, restaurants, and nonprofits.
Jack regularly counsels clients with holdings that range from large and diverse real estate portfolios to individual investors.
Jack’s business experience includes business formation, purchase, sale, mergers, and acquisitions, as well as general corporate matters. He also counsels businesses in more complex matters relating to privacy and intellectual property, internet law, and advertising law. Jack has deep knowledge in copyright, trademark, and licensing matters, as well as First Amendment and defamation matters particularly affecting the media and publishing industry.
Jack also assists business owners in designing their business succession plans, coordinating with the firm’s Tax Law and Elder Law attorneys to ensure that these plans are in alignment with individual and family estate and tax planning goals.
As a real estate attorney and licensed Pennsylvania Title Agent, Jack represents commercial and individual clients in purchasing and selling residential and commercial real estate. He also assists in leasing and financing matters, regularly counseling clients with holdings that range from large and diverse real estate portfolios to individual investors.
Jack Gross teaches as an adjunct instructor in the Communications Department at Muhlenberg College. He is also a faculty member for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute and has taught courses in Advertising Law and at PBI’s Technology Law Forum and Internet Law Update on issues related to email and online advertising.
Areas of Practice
- U.S. District Court
- ↳Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Villanova University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, Order of the Coif, Law Review, 1998
- Muhlenberg College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1994
- Whitehall Township, Solicitor
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Bar Association of Lehigh County
- Northampton County Bar Association
- Whitehall Township Board of Ethics, Solicitor
- Allentown Zoning Hearing Board, Former Member
- PNC Bank, Northeast Pennsylvania Regional Advisory Board
- Da Vinci Science Center, Board of Trustees
- Lehigh Valley Business Coalition on Health Care, Board Secretary
- Allentown Commercial and Industrial Development Authority, Board of Directors, Chair
- Muhlenberg College Board of Associates
- Allentown School District Executive Committee, Building 21 Allentown Project
- American Red Cross of the Greater Lehigh Valley, Board of Directors, Former Member
- What Fees are Associated with CARES Act Loans?
- UPDATED: Public Meetings and Open Records for Municipalities in the Age of the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Four Ways to Build a Successful Business Succession Plan
- CACLV Appoints John F. “Jack” Gross to Board
- Why Your Business Needs An Emergency Plan
- Small Business IP Concerns
- Quoted: "'Opportunity' coming to needy Pennsylvania communities," The Morning Call, April 2018
- Quoted: "All businesses need policies, practices to foil cyberthreats," Lehigh Valley Business, December 2016
- Quoted: "Roberto Clemente Charter School expansion plans at odds with existing day care center," Express-Times, March 2014
- Quoted: "Roberto Clemente Charter School expansion delayed," The Morning Call, March 2014
- Quoted: "Ruckus Brewing to finalize purchase of Allentown's Neuweiler Brewery site", Express-Times, February 2014
- Quoted: "Cottage Neighborhood Proposed in South Allentown", WFMZ.com, June 2013:
Awards & Recognitions
- 2017 Local Legal Leaders, Lehigh Valley Magazine
- 2005 Human Relations Award, recognized as part of the Allentown Human Relations Ordinance Legal Defense Team, Allentown Human Relations Commission
- "Business Succession Planning", Business Growth Symposium hosted by Lehigh Valley Business at DeSales University, June 2019
- “Protecting Your Most Valuable Asset: Intellectual Property for Small Businesses", Small Business Development Center at Lehigh University, October 2018
- "The Changing Face of Manufacturing: Protecting Your Business as the Workforce Evolves", Manufacturers Resource Center Lunch and Learn, September 2018
- "First Amendment", The Rotary Club of Allentown, July 2018
- “Tax Assessment Appeals”, Greater Lehigh Valley Association of Realtors, January 2018
- "Wrestling with the Right to Privacy", The Institute for Learning in Retirement 33rd Annual Luncheon, Cedar Crest College, 2016
- "Nuts and Bolts of Copyright: Fair Use in the Classroom and in Course Management Systems", Muhlenberg College, 2016
- “Identity Theft, What you Need to Know”, Muhlenberg College Circle of 1848, 2014
- “Legal Issues in Advertising”, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2011 and 2008
- “Technology Law Forum”, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2007 and 2006
- “Internet Law Update”, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2007 and 2005
- Private Client Presentations
Practice Spotlight: Real Estate
Gross McGinley offers commercial and residential real estate legal services to individuals and businesses. Our experienced group of real estate attorneys and licensed title agents handle transactions of all … Read More
Industry Spotlight: Municipal
Gross McGinley offers a full range of legal services to local municipalities. Our attorneys represent Lehigh Valley local governments, planning boards, zoning boards, cities, and counties in real estate, lan… Read More