Sarah Hart Charette
Sarah Hart Charette’s attention to detail and commitment to helping others makes her a valuable asset to the firm’s Litigation Group. She has an extensive background in trial preparation and litigation, striving to provide clarity to her clients who are often simply confused and overwhelmed by the legal process.
Sarah’s prior prosecutorial experience as Assistant District Attorney in both Berks County and Lebanon Counties has uniquely prepared her to present a skillful and effective defense. Her criminal defense achievements include:
- Negotiating a plea of probation for a felony drug charge that carried a minimum sentence of significant incarceration.
- Reducing a misdemeanor of fleeing and eluding to a traffic citation
- The dismissal of a felony gun charge.
- Reducing a felony drug charge to a misdemeanor.
- Advocating for candidates to be considered for ARD that would typically be deemed ineligible.
- Obtaining state probation for a felony offense carrying a significant incarceration.
- Achieving a mitigated range sentence where the District Attorney was seeking top of the standard range.
Sarah has conducted numerous bench and jury trials in cases involving drugs, sexual assault, domestic violence, thefts, DUIs, and fleeing and eluding. She also represents clients in PFA violation hearings. Sarah is committed to providing dedicated and hands-on defense on behalf of her clients.
Sarah’s significant litigation experience has made her a valuable member of the Medical Malpractice Defense Team. In this position, she has counseled individual medical professionals, hospitals, and health networks on a variety of complex professional liability issues. Sarah regularly participates in pretrial hearings, depositions, preparation of expert witnesses, arbitration, and trials in medical malpractice defense. She has achieved noteworthy success in the form of several defense verdicts.
In addition to being dedicated to her clients, Sarah is also committed to giving back to her community. She currently serves as Co-Chair of the Executive Leadership Team for March of Dimes March for Babies and as a board member of the Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce Young Professional’s Council. Viewed as a respected peer in the legal community, Sarah serves on the Board of Directors for the Bar Association of Lehigh County.
Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- ↳Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- ↳Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- ↳Third Circuit
- Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Gettysburg College, B.A., cum laude, 2009
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Bar Association of Lehigh County
- Bar Association of Lehigh County, Board of Directors
- March of Dimes March for Babies, Co-Chair of Executive Leadership Team
- Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce Young Professional's Council, Board of Directors
- Sarah Charette Named March for Babies Co-Chair
- Sarah Charette Discusses Age Diversity for Nonprofits
- Litigation Group Presents on Evidence to Local Bar Associations
- Sarah Hart Charette Nominated to Young Professionals Council Board of Directors
- "Board Leaders of Tomorrow: Let's Talk Age Diversity", GLVCC Young Professionals Council, December 2017
- “Top Five Evidentiary Pitfalls at Trial”, Northampton County Bar Association CLE, September 2017
- “Medical Records and HIPAA: What You Need to Know”, Professional Association of Health Care Office Management Lehigh Valley Chapter, May 2017
- Assisted client in receiving only five years state probation for a felony possession with intent to deliver marijuana charge that carries a standard guideline range of 9-16 months incarceration for a minimum sentence.
- Reduced a misdemeanor of fleeing and eluding to a traffic citation.
- Advocated for candidates to be considered for ARD that would typically be deemed ineligible.
- Obtained state probation for a felony offense carrying a significant incarceration.
- Achieved a mitigated range sentence where the District Attorney was seeking top of the standard range.
Practice Spotlight: Elder Law
As loved ones age, legal needs will change. Our Elder Law attorneys understand and we are sensitive to the confusing and emotionally difficult decisions that are faced by families. We are prepared to advise … Read More
Industry Spotlight: Media and Publishing
As technologies continue to advance in the media and publishing industries, Gross McGinley guides companies through evolving laws, business practices, and regulatory requirements. Our attorneys are well-vers… Read More