Sarah Hart Charette
Sarah Hart Charette is an experienced Associate of the Litigation Group. She has an extensive background in trial preparation and litigation as a member of the Medical Malpractice Defense and Criminal Defense teams at Gross McGinley, as well as her prior position as an Assistant District Attorney.
Sarah’s prior prosecutorial experience in the District Attorney’s offices of Berks County and Lebanon County has uniquely prepared her to present a skillful and effective defense on behalf of her clients. Her achievements include: negotiating a plea of probation for a felony drug charge that carried a minimum sentence of significant incarceration, reducing a misdemeanor of fleeing and eluding to a traffic citation, dismissing a felony gun charge, and reducing a felony drug charge to a misdemeanor. Sarah has also conducted numerous bench and jury trials in cases involving drugs, sexual assault, domestic violence, thefts, DUIs, and fleeing and eluding.
Sarah’s significant litigation experience has made her a valuable member of the Medical Malpractice Defense Team. In this position, she has counseled individual medical professionals, hospitals, and health networks on a variety of complex professional liability issues. Sarah regularly participates in pretrial hearings, depositions, preparation of expert witnesses, arbitration, and trials in medical malpractice defense. She has achieved noteworthy success in the form of several defense verdicts.
Areas of Practice
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court
- ↳Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- ↳Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- ↳Third Circuit
- Pennsylvania State University, Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Gettysburg College, B.A., cum laude, 2009
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Bar Association of Lehigh County
- Bar Association of Lehigh County, Board of Directors
- March of Dimes March for Babies, Executive Leadership Team
- Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce Young Professional's Council, Board of Directors
- Sarah Charette Discusses Age Diversity for Nonprofits
- Litigation Group Presents on Evidence to Local Bar Associations
- Sarah Hart Charette Nominated to Young Professionals Council Board of Directors
- Assisted client in receiving only five years state probation for a felony possession with intent to deliver marijuana charge that carries a standard guideline range of 9-16 months incarceration for a minimum sentence.
Practice Spotlight: Employment Law
Frequent changes in the law result in under-informed Human Resources professionals and employees, leaving businesses and individuals susceptible to risk. Having informed and reliable legal counsel on your si… Read More
Industry Spotlight: Municipal
Gross McGinley offers a full range of legal services to local municipalities. Our attorneys represent Lehigh Valley local governments, planning boards, zoning boards, cities, and counties in real estate, lan… Read More