Safa Ashrafi is an associate in the firm’s Business Services group. She concentrates her practice in business, real estate and bankruptcy law.
In the real estate development industry, Safa represents sellers, buyers, developers, investors, and financial institutions in a broad range of transactional matters. Her counsel includes drafting and negotiating contracts, real estate purchase and sale agreements, mortgages, promissory notes, residential and commercial leases, and business asset purchase agreements, as well as business formation and governance. Using effective and creative solutions, Safa strives to help her clients meet their desired goals and objectives.
Safa Ashrafi began her legal career serving the banking industry, representing national and regional lenders in bankruptcy proceedings, including reorganizations and contested matters. At Gross McGinley, she joins her fellow attorneys in helping clients navigate Chapter 11, Chapter 7, and Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings.
A Maryland native, Safa currently lives in Philadelphia’s Fishtown neighborhood. Beyond work, she enjoys yoga, exploring new local restaurants and businesses, and learning the guitar.
Areas of Practice
- U.S. District Court
- ↳District of Columbia
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D., 2014
- University of Maryland, B.A., 2007
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member - Real Estate, Business
- Maryland License Title Insurance Producer
- PPP Loan Extension, Updates and Modifications in Progress in the House and the Senate
- What are Landlord and Tenant Rights and Obligations During the Pandemic?
- PA Construction Businesses Can Restart Operations May 1, 2020
- How are Building Owners Complying with the Building Safety Measures Order?
- Can I Move with the Coronavirus Stay at Home Order in Place?
- Can I Cancel My Contract Because of the Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Practice Spotlight: Tax Law
Gross McGinley’s Tax Law Group provides counsel to the firm’s clients through various federal, state and local taxation matters. We work closely with our clients to review their tax planning objectives a… Read More
Industry Spotlight: Municipal
Gross McGinley offers a full range of legal services to local municipalities. Our attorneys represent Lehigh Valley local governments, planning boards, zoning boards, cities, and counties in real estate, lan… Read More