Safa Ashrafi is an associate in the firm’s Business Services group. She concentrates her practice in business, real estate and bankruptcy law.
In the real estate development industry, Safa represents sellers, buyers, developers, investors, and financial institutions in a broad range of transactional matters. Her counsel includes drafting and negotiating contracts, real estate purchase and sale agreements, mortgages, promissory notes, residential and commercial leases, and business asset purchase agreements, as well as business formation and governance. Using effective and creative solutions, Safa strives to help her clients meet their desired goals and objectives.
Safa Ashrafi began her legal career serving the banking industry, representing national and regional lenders in bankruptcy proceedings, including reorganizations and contested matters. At Gross McGinley, she joins her fellow attorneys in helping clients navigate Chapter 11, Chapter 7, and Chapter 13 bankruptcy proceedings.
A Maryland native, Safa currently lives in Philadelphia’s Fishtown neighborhood. Beyond work, she enjoys yoga, exploring new local restaurants and businesses, and learning the guitar.
Areas of Practice
- U.S. District Court
- ↳District of Columbia
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D., 2014
- University of Maryland, B.A., 2007
- Maryland State Bar Association, Member - Real Estate, Business
- Maryland License Title Insurance Producer
- Is Now the Time to Buy or Refinance a Home?
- PLCB Updates Guidance for Bars and Restaurants – July 22, 2020
- Affidavit of CARES Act Compliance Required in Evictions
- What are Landlord and Tenant Rights and Obligations During the Pandemic?
- PPP Loan Extension, Updates and Modifications in Progress in the House and the Senate
- PA Construction Businesses Can Restart Operations May 1, 2020
Practice Spotlight: Litigation
Gross McGinley’s skilled litigation team vigorously pursues clients’ interests, either by asserting claims or defending them. Our litigation attorneys represent individuals and businesses in state and fe… Read More
Industry Spotlight: Media and Publishing
As technologies continue to advance in the media and publishing industries, Gross McGinley guides companies through evolving laws, business practices, and regulatory requirements. Our attorneys are well-vers… Read More