Raymond J. DeRaymond
Raymond J. DeRaymond’s areas of practice include business and commercial law, real estate law, civil litigation, estate planning and administration, and family law.
Raymond has served in the role of Solicitor for numerous Lehigh Valley municipalities throughout his legal career.
Raymond has extensive municipal law experience, including land use, zoning, and planning matters. He has served in the role of Solicitor for numerous Lehigh Valley municipalities throughout his legal career. Raymond also handles commercial and residential real estate matters for and works with companies and municipalities to obtain industrial development financing.
Over the years, Raymond has received many awards including a Citizen of the Year Award from the Easton Area Schoolmen’s Association, and certificates of recognition from the Northampton County Council for service to the Industrial Development Authority and for dedication to industrial development in Northampton County. He also received recognition from the Pennsylvania and Northampton County bar associations for being a practicing lawyer for 50 years.
Raymond is also an active member of the Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania. Currently, he is the Chairman of the By-laws Committee of the Grand Lodge of Pennsylvania. He served in WWII in the 87th Chemical Mortar Battalion throughout the European Campaign and was honorably discharged in 1945.
Areas of Practice
- U.S. District Court
- ↳Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- ↳Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals
- ↳Third Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Michigan School of Law, J.D., 1950
- University of Michigan, A.B., 1948
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Board of Governors, Former Delegate
- Northampton County Bar Association, Past President
- Easton Area Industrial Land Development Co. Solicitor (since 1985)
- Northampton County Industrial Development Authority Solicitor (1967- 2003)
- Northampton County Industrial Development Commission Solicitor (1958-2002)
- Upper Nazareth Township Solicitor (1967-2003)
- Williams Township Solicitor (1960-1963)
- Easton Planning Commission
- Nazareth Area Chamber of Commerce, Past President (1957-1958)
- Nazareth Memorial Library Board of Directors, Former Member
- Project of Easton Board of Directors, Former Member
- Easton YMCA Board of Directors, Former Member and Former Trustee
- Raymond DeRaymond Speaks at Lehigh Valley Veterans History Project
- Raymond DeRaymond Receives Legion of Honor Award for Service in WWII
- Raymond DeRaymond Recognized by EAILD for 31 Years of Service
- Raymond DeRaymond to Serve as Art Judge for Easton Riverside Festival of the Arts
- Attorney Raymond DeRaymond Receives Lifetime Achievement Award
Awards & Recognitions
- Chevalier of the Legion of Honor, 2016
- Citizen of the Year Award, Easton Area Schoolmen’s Association
Practice Spotlight: Litigation
Gross McGinley’s skilled team of litigators vigorously pursues clients’ interests, either by asserting claims or defending them. Our litigation attorneys represent individuals and businesses in state and… Read More
Industry Spotlight: Banking
Financial institutions turn to our group of attorneys who offer experience in all areas of banking law. Our clients include community, regional, and national banking associa… Read More